Access Statement For Rosemundy Cottage Bed & Breakfast
We aim to cater for the needs of all guests who stay with us. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific needs or questions then please telephone us to see how we might help.
You can contact us by
- telephone: 01380 727122 or fax 01380 720495
- email: email@example.com
- by post: Rosemundy Cottage, London Road, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 2DS
- via website: www.rosemundycottage.co.uk
- The nearest stations are Swindon, Chippenham, Pewsey and Westbury.
- The TransWilts Express (Number 49) from Swindon to Trowbridge stops very close to the cottage. Ask for bus stop Police HQ. Other buses from Bath, Salisbury
and Chippenham stop in the Market Place, close to the taxi rank, or we will meet by mutual arrangement. There is a National Express service to and from London, via
- There are several reliable local taxi services, including ranks in the Market Place, some with disabled access.
- We are able to offer secure bike storage. We are on the Wessex Ridgeway where it crosses the canal towpath at Bridge 137.
- The cottage is situated just off A361 London Road which leads directly to the centre of town. There is a cycle route on the road, but in most conditions the canal
towpath or alternative route is preferable. There are several car parks in the town centre, each with disabled bays. The Market Place is approximately 15 minute walk
by almost level pavement or canal towpath.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We have two car parking areas. One is adjacent to the main road that can take two vehicles: the other is by the front door. There is also a parking bay just outside the
gates. Both car parks are level and gravelled. Please ask if you need a space by the front door.
- We can assist with luggage. The car park by the front door is lit at night, the other close to a street lamp.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door has a 5cm water retaining step. The door is 84cm wide. The entrance hall and all the ground floor is carpeted.
- The sitting, dining room and one bedroom are situated on the level ground floor. There is a 72cm wide doorway to the ground floor corridor leading to the ground floor
bedroom. There is a level doorway from outside the ground floor bedroom giving emergency exit and access to parts of the garden, including the patio.
- The house has an approved fire alarm system (including special alert for impaired hearing) and all doors are self closing fire doors.
- The guest office is situated upstairs. The house has free wireless internet.
Public Areas - WC
- There is one ground floor small cloakroom available.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor.
- Please let us know if you if you have any special dietary requirements. With advance notice we can cater for special diets. We are always happy to discuss how we
might meet your needs and let you know of any special dishes that are available.
- We hold the EnjoyEngland and Wiltshire Breakfast Awards.
- We use local and organic produce whenever possible. We make our own bread and preserves.
- Furniture can be rearranged. Pedestal dining tables have a minimum under space of 69cm high.
- There are chairs with and without arms. We have a high chair for infants.
- We do not play background music.
- We hold food hygiene certificates.
- We have a 5 star environmental health rating.
- There is a large level patio with 4 steps leading up to the lawn and swimming pool. The heated outdoor pool is available for use in the summer months. There are
tables and chairs on the patio and in the summer a gas barbecue is available.
- There is a canal side terrace accessible only by steep steps, but a covered seating area at the top with canal view.
- Because of the potential dangers of water children need to be supervised at all times when outdoors.
- The ground floor bedroom door is 80cm wide & the door to the ensuite is 82cm wide. Access to the garden is via a door 82cm wide. This room can be a double or
a twin. Divan beds. This room has remote control TV. It is carpeted the ensuite is tiled.
- The staircase has two turns and thirteen steps. Stairs are 18cm high, 25cm deep & 71cm wide. It has a hand rail.
- We have three double ensuite rooms on the first floor. All have fitted carpeting and distinct and different colour schemes.
- One large room has a double divan bed and has a chair bed suitable for a child and an ensuite shower room. TV.
- One large room has a high double brass bed and ensuite bathroom. TV.
- One small room has a double bed and an ensuite shower room. TV.
- All rooms are ensuite. Upstairs, two rooms have shower rooms and one has a bathroom.
- The shower and bath rooms have tiled floor and non slip mats are provided.
- The ground floor room has both bath and shower.
- The shower tray is 12cm high. A chair can be placed in the shower. The shower height is adjustable.
- Boats are available for hire from Devizes Marina.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- There are many attractions in the local area and we have information, maps and guides in the ground floor sitting room. We are happy to help you plan your itinerary.
- We are a non smoking establishment. There is small covered outside area where smoking is permitted.
- We regret we are unable to accommodate pets.
- We have a fire alarm system. In case of evacuation please notify us on your arrival if you need assistance because of hearing impairment or limited mobility.
- We are happy to take delivery of hired equipment.
- One of the guest fridge locks, if required for storage of medicines, please ask for key.
- VisitBritain / VisitEngland has rated Rosemundy Cottage as 4 star quality.
- We hold a Green Business Tourism Gold Award.
Other Contact Information
- Local Carers: 01380 729471 (Allied Healthcare) or 01380 739295 (Autonomy Care)
- Local equipment hire companies: 0117 3012 606 (Red Cross) or 01380 727555 (More Care)
- Local public transport numbers: 0871 2002233 (Traveline)
- Local accessible taxi numbers: 01380 723129
This access statement was written in August 2007. It will be reviewed annually.
Reviewed April 2008, 2009 and amended July 2009, reviewed July 2010 and amended March 2011 and January 2013.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve so if you have any comments please phone 01380 727122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org